Monday, September 7, 2020

3D Art Week 02 (Minecraftish Cubes)

For this week's assignment in 3D Art, we expanded on the previous week's concepts with cubes. Now, we are learning to UV and texture a beveled cube to create a Minecraft look.

Cut UVs for beveled cube, separated into 6 pieces.
UVs rearranged side by side.
The 3 textures I created in Photoshop to be used in Unreal Engine 4
Stone textures applied on cube for test in Maya
Screenshot of material editor for the water blocks. For the water blocks, I also messed with the opacity values and turned on transparency to give the water a see-through look.


High resolution shots of the small environment I made with the Minecraft cubes. I decided to create a beach type of environment with stone/rocks, sand, and water blocks. It was fun to mess around with the opacity levels for the water blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Project

 For my research project, I decided on learning more on about how to create stylized hair in Zbrush as well as focus on creating cleaner sha...