Sunday, July 11, 2021

Portfolio Piece 02 - Week 04

 

Sadly, it appears my second portfolio piece will have to suffer the fate of seeping into my next portfolio piece. I'll be honest, I got side tracked with the 3D printer this past and learning airbrushing that I ended up not catching up properly on my portfolio piece.

For what I did accomplish this week, I went back to my Zbrush sculpt to polish up on it, but messing around a bit with the proportions as well as add in details for certain areas that I was lacking from the concept. Notable areas include the zippers, the drawstring, the shoulder guards, hand guards, and a cable sleeve design on his arms of his jacket. It presented me more opportunities to learn more Zbrush tools such as understanding the bend tool which was great to mess with the topology of the shoulder guards as well as the drawstrings. For the cable sleeves, I used the topology brush to create the base and work up from their to add in detail.

For my second part, I continued game ressing. In theory, the anchor axe is by itself a prop asset/weapon asset, so I underestimated the amount of time it took to get it to a decent game res geo. I work on minimizing the amount of intersecting geo for cleaner topology where possible and started by creating the center of the anchor and then worked on the handle area. Afterwards, I created one copy of the light gun, which I ended up duplicating to create the other side. In total, I was able to get it to be 3048 tris. For the total piece, I hope to aim for 10-13k tris, as I have a weapon included. With how much more detailed League of Legends models are getting, I think it's fair to up the count to accommodate for the weapon without sacrificing much performance

Updated Zbrush sculpt for Nautilus

Low Poly Anchor Axe

Here comes the second part, where I discuss how I will push this piece further down the line to completion this week. Thankfully this is proxy week/planning for the 3rd piece, so it's an opportunity to continue on this piece and push it further to completion. To be presentable next week, here is my schedule of what needs to be done and when I will do it:

-Game Res of Nautilus himself (Today/Monday)

-UVs and AO Bakes (Tuesday)

-Texturing (Wednesday)

-Texturing (Thursday)

-Polish (Friday)

Ideally this will get me to a completion and let me have the weekend for my next piece. And I will stay out of the printing rooms until I catch up haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Project

 For my research project, I decided on learning more on about how to create stylized hair in Zbrush as well as focus on creating cleaner sha...