Monday, November 16, 2020

Cannon Assignment Week 04 - Substance Painter




This week for our cannon project, we were tasked with creating a game resolution geometry in Maya from our high resolution geometry in Maya. I ran into some issues while creating the new mesh and ended up not able to complete the game resolution mesh in time. However, I wanted to test out the high poly sculpt in Substance Painter and decided to use the UVed proxy model. The UVs are not great, but allowed me to see how the well the bake would potentially turn out. I hope for this week to be able to finish up the game resolution geometry to have more clean UVs to bake off of.

 
Polypaint information in Zbrush




First pass render of bake in Substance Painter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Project

 For my research project, I decided on learning more on about how to create stylized hair in Zbrush as well as focus on creating cleaner sha...