Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Week 06 Game Res/First Bake

 This week we were tasked with having game res completed as well as a first bake when it came to our Nerf guns. However, as mentioned last week , I ended up having to play catch up this week as I did not get much accomplished last week. As such I continued to work my high resolution model of my gun. I was able to get a lot accomplished this week, but at the same time, I realized the work load was split into parts for a reason. I still have 10% of the high res left involving the rest of the back spring as well as bringing over the model over to Zbrush for polish. 

I did realize allocating time to focus on 3D class helps a lot as I don't have to worry about other tasks during the allotted time. However with this week, capstone vertical slice was coming up, so I had dedicated more of the weekdays towards my team. This week will be more lax when it comes to capstone and as I such my work schedule will allow for more time to work on my nerf gun. Below I have outline my plan of attack as far as scheduling goes with working on 3D art:

Tuesday: 5 - 7 PM (complete back spring)

Wednesday: 6 - 10 AM (complete Zbrush polish and begin game res)

Thursday: 5 - 7 PM (continue working on game res)

Friday: 6 - 10 AM, 3 - 7 PM(finish game res and UVs)

Saturday: 8 - 12 PM (bakes and begin texturing)

Sunday: 8 - 12 PM (continue texturing)

Monday: 8 - 12 PM (final touchups and renders)

Outside of completing the assignment, I want to have the nerf gun presentable as one of my pieces for vertical slice.

Progress so far: 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Project

 For my research project, I decided on learning more on about how to create stylized hair in Zbrush as well as focus on creating cleaner sha...