Monday, April 26, 2021

Module 4 - Environment or Vehicle Part 03

 This is the final week when it comes to our collaborative environment piece. For this week, I was able to figure out how to export the texture maps from Substance Designer successfully with making the sRGB work as intended. Apparently exporting as a linear color source and then ticking sRGB in the texture's settings in UE4 allowed for the colors to be like how it is in Designer. I also ran into an issue when it came to the lighter colors; lighting will be important in making sure the materials come out well. 

As for the actual materials, I was able to set up vertex painting finally. In order to tile the textures, I had to add texture coordinates in the material editor to tile the different texture maps. Going forth, I need to fix up how much to tile for the type of material and paint the island nicer.


Sample of vertex painting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Project

 For my research project, I decided on learning more on about how to create stylized hair in Zbrush as well as focus on creating cleaner sha...