Monday, April 5, 2021

VR Sprint 6 Contributions

For this sprint delivery, I was primarily tasked with working on creating the grass for the environment. Nitin had originally had 3D meshes for grass, but there were concerns for performance when it came to being a VR experience. As such, I focused this sprint on using cards to create more animated and lively grass while still being light on performance.

I had first created different painterly style cards when it came to the grass:

However, after consulting out art lead Vanna, she had feedback on making them more simple rather than so detailed and focus on more desaturated hues like a simple yellow rather than just vibrant greens. However before I proceeded to redo the grass cards, I went and looked at the tutorial I was to follow on implementing the grass and decided to only have to create alpha and have the colors be created in the materials editor. As such I was able to create cards with a natural wind affect through a material when it came to the grass blades, cattails, and ferns. After making the main material, I created instances to simplify the process and make it easier to manage. Later, I will need to finesse them when it came to the effect as well as their colors when the time comes.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Project

 For my research project, I decided on learning more on about how to create stylized hair in Zbrush as well as focus on creating cleaner sha...