Monday, April 5, 2021

Module 4 - Environment or Vehicle Part 01

 For this new module, we have been separated into separate teams to work on an environment piece that will all be brought together in the end to create an island/ship experience. I have been placed on the island team and tasked with creating three variants of tileable textures for the island sand. I feel that this is a good opportunity for me to work on learning more about Substance Designer as it has been a while since I have last used it. 

As for what I have accomplished this week, I have began looking into a tutorial I have that involves creating stylized textures inside of Substance Designer. Besides going over the basic interface and functions of Substance Designer, it has a category involving creating stylized sand. I was able to follow it and create the following results. 




I think this is a good starting point for creating the tileable sand textures. Now that I have this base version, I can iterate and modify it so that I can create the three different versions that I can use when it comes to vertex painting them onto the island mesh inside of UE4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Project

 For my research project, I decided on learning more on about how to create stylized hair in Zbrush as well as focus on creating cleaner sha...