Monday, April 19, 2021

Module 4 - Environment or Vehicle Part 02

 Following with Spring break, we have no resumed our classes and this is technically our second week with working on our collaborative environment assignment. Last time, I created a base stylized sand texture I followed a Udemy tutorial by Jose Moreno. This week, I expanded on it by taking heed from Nick Zuccarello's advice on setting up for the vertex painting to create a varied environment when it comes to tiling textures. 


Following the above picture, I have created the following materials to represent them below.

Wet Sand

Rock + Sand

Sand + Rock

Sand


Outside of that, I have imported them into the UE4 project with a main material and created multiple instances to house the various texture maps for the different materials I have created. For the following week, I will be implementing the materials through vertex paint to retexture the sand on the environment. I will also make sure to adjust my pebble colors to reflect the colors used by my teammate Crissy Peters as she worked on the actual rock meshes that will placed around the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Project

 For my research project, I decided on learning more on about how to create stylized hair in Zbrush as well as focus on creating cleaner sha...